Position Type: Full Time
Pay and Benefits: From $15.29/hour
Remote Work Allowed: No
It is the responsibility of the Racing Information Clerk to manage all pari-mutuel wagering activity within the Corporation. This involves the authorizing of all wagering pools through an on-line system designed for pari-mutuel wagering. The position is responsible for preparing daily racing schedules
- Maintenance of all pari-mutuel records for the online wagering system.
- Compile daily racing schedules, post times and wagering keys as well as ensuring that such information is correct by verifying with third party vendors.
- Print and distribute all handicapping and wagering material as required, including posting racing information on Capital OTB’s website, and updating OTB staff of any daily wagering changes.
- Maintain a monthly racing schedule (monthly racing calendar) that is provided to third party vendors and OTB staff.
- Monitor the tote system and instruct the tote operators and OTB staff when an unusual pari-mutuel event occurs.
- Help customer service and branches with pari-mutuel tickets, problems and maintain a relevant log(s) of such issues.
- Prepare special event and unique racing profiles for customers.
- Provide relevant third-party services with latest racing information.
- Work cooperatively with all departments in areas pertaining to pari-mutuel wagering.
- Ensure all customer wagers and payouts are properly processed by the tote company.
- Responding to mutuels related emails and telephone calls from customers & OTB staff.
- Verify that the OTB website and all wagering terminals allow wagering on all tracks listed in the mutuels calendar.
Skills and Abilities:
- Positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Eager to learn and able to take direction well
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Associates Degree with two (2) years of related experience in pari-mutuel wagering.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Capital OTB Diversity Statement
Here at Capital OTB our approach to diversity is simple—it’s about embracing everyone. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Companies that are diverse in backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives are proven to be better companies. Creating a culture of equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Everyone is welcome. We want our employees to be comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you.
Capital OTB does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please submit resumes to Human Resources at [email protected]