Director of Technology
Location: Multiple Locations
Position Type: Full Time
Pay and Benefits: From $60,000 Per Year
Remote Work Allowed: No
It is the responsibility of the Director of Technology to ensure that all corporate telecommunications systems are installed and in good working order for the purposes of broadcasting races from various tracks to all branch facilities, E-Z bet locations and internal offices. The position is responsible for the entire design and operation of the internal telephone system, the data network used for the transmittal of wagers, and for the maintenance of and planning for future information technology needs.
- Install all television equipment and systems in branch and E-Z Bet facilities.
- Manage; servers using VMWare and the VSphere Client, equipment and service contracts, software and subscriptions, cyber security, spam and web filtering, new users, active directory, MS exchange, and monitoring of servers.
- Provide technical support for, satellite, cable television, Tote Company, time clocks, PA and telephone systems.
- Responsible for scheduled routine maintenance and preventive maintenance of communication equipment.
- Provide engineering for operations, systems and on site/off-site systems service, technical support and troubleshooting, including the Television and Telephone departments.
- Install and maintain communication system, including working with the tote company for specifications and requirements.
- Responsible for maintenance of and planning for future technical needs and developing effective solutions.
- Attendance at Board of Director Communications/Marketing committee meetings and at other administrative committee meetings as requested by the Board of Directors or the President/CEO of the Corporation.
- Establishes processes and requirements for computer and telecommunications systems, including stakeholder participation, specifications and business process analysis documentation, budget development, oversight of procurement processes, and assurance of sound implementation plans for the Communication Department.
- Negotiate corporate tele-communication and service contracts.
- Assist in the preparation of public bids for communication services and supplies.
- Supervises and coordinates activities and employees related to the day-to day- operations and responses to work orders. Technology issues and service.
- Responsible for staff training, support and direction regarding satellite installations, telecommunication equipment for transmitting of wagers and oval tele-communications and data network of the Corporation and the administrative telephone system.
- On-call in case of emergencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Technology or Communication or related field and/or Associates Degree in Electronic Technology or Communications or related field and/or three (3) years of related experience in Communications. Any equivalent combination of training and experience as defined above.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the purposes, principles, terminology and practices employed in a large, centralized information technology organization.
- Ability to analyze organizational problems and take corrective action.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials and department heads.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of professional and technical subordinates in a manner conductive to full performance and high morale.
- Possession of a valid NYS driver’s license at time of appointment and for the duration of employment.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Capital OTB Diversity Statement
Here at Capital OTB our approach to diversity is simple—it’s about embracing everyone. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Companies that are diverse in backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives are proven to be better companies. Creating a culture of equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Everyone is welcome. We want our employees to be comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you.
Capital OTB does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please submit resumes to Human Resources at [email protected] or mail to:
Capital District Regional Off-Track Betting
1629 State Street
Schenectady, NY 12305
Attention: Human Resources (518) 344-5229