Communications Field Technician
Location: Capital Region OTB Locations
Position Type: Full Time
Pay and Benefits: From $50,000 Per Year
Remote Work Allowed: No
It is the responsibility of the Communications Field Technician to ensure all corporate communication equipment and systems are properly installed and in good working order for the purpose of disseminating/broadcasting races from various tracks to all corporate locations and for the overall operations, functions and maintenance of all other Communication equipment and systems within the corporation.
- Responsible for the overall operations, functions and maintenance of all Communication equipment and systems within the corporation.
- Installing television equipment and other communication equipment and systems in all corporate locations, and departments.
- Responsible for scheduled routine maintenance and preventive maintenance of communications equipment.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to; resolve cable and internet issues, satellite equipment, cable television, camera systems, telephone systems and for all communication equipment in all corporate locations and departments.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations and responses to work orders and service requests.
- Establishes processes and requirements for communications systems, specifications and business process analysis documentation, budget development, oversight of procurement processes, and assurance of sound implementation plans for the Communication Department.
- Negotiate corporate communication equipment procurement and service contracts and assist in the preparation of public bids for communication equipment, services, and supplies.
- On-call to respond to urgent technical issues.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications or related field and/or Associates Degree in a related field and/or three (3) years of related experience. Any equivalent combination of training and experience as defined above.
- ·Knowledge of; installing television equipment and other communication equipment and systems.
- · Ability to analyze organizational problems and take corrective action.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department heads and staff.
- · Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position. Operate from high, outdoor places to tight, indoor spaces.
- This is a hands-on position, a successful candidate is a self-starter, equally comfortable installing and troubleshooting equipment as managing the department.
- Possession of a valid NYS driver’s license at time of appointment and for the duration of employment.
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Sick and Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus
- The opportunity to join The New York State and Local Retirement System.
Capital OTB Diversity Statement
Here at Capital OTB our approach to diversity is simple—it’s about embracing everyone. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Companies that are diverse in backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives are proven to be better companies. Creating a culture of equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Everyone is welcome. We want our employees to be comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you.
Capital OTB does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please submit resumes to Human Resources at [email protected] or mail to:
Capital District Regional Off-Track Betting
1629 State Street
Schenectady, NY 12305
Attention: Human Resources