Complete Rule and Regulations
*The contest takes place once a month on the following dates:
1. One entry per person. Patrons must have a Capital Bets Account. Contestants submitting multiple entries will be disqualified. Contestants must wager on contest days through their Capital Bets Account to be eligible for any prizes. All entries must be submitted by the post time of the first race in the contest.
2. The contest will take place once a month on Friday's and involve races from major tracks. 50% of the races will always be on NY Racing. Capital OTB reserves the right to change the contest track in advance due to extreme weather conditions, cancellation of the racing card, or other factors at the discretion of Capital OTB marketing staff.
3. Each contestant must select a single horse which they feel, will finish in the money (1st, 2nd, or 3rd place) for the contest races. If your selection is scratched before the race, you will automatically inherit the post time favorite. Contestants will automatically be disqualified for failure to select a runner or entry in each race.
4. If your selection finishes in the money, then you will receive the show price. If your horse fails to finish in the money, (1st, 2nd or 3rd) then you will receive a zero score for that race in the contest. This format will continue throughout the contest races. The contestant(s) with the highest cumulative show price total, will be determined the winner.
5. Tiebreakers - If there is more than 1 contestant tied for the winning position will be determined by the total amount of money earned in the show pool (the total of show prices for all contest races, based on a $2 show wager). If a tie still exists, one entry, from the tied entries, will be drawn at random by OTB Marketing staff and declared the winner.
6. In the event that a race does not offer show wagering, ALL contestants from the previous race will advance to the following race in the contest. If there is no show wagering in the final contest race the winner will be determined from the contestants after the 2nd last race.
7. Capital OTB reserves the right to interpret and make all determinations as to the rules of the contest. Rulings are final and may not be challenged or appealed.
8. The winner of each weekly contest receives a $25 deposit into their Capital Bets account, a free entry ($100 value) into the next scheduled monthly live-buy in contest, and five (5) points in the Capital OTB Player of the Year standings. The runner-up receives a $15 deposit into their Capital Bets account, and three (3) points in the Capital OTB Player of the Year standings. The third place finisher receives a $10 deposit into their Capital Bets account, and one (1) point in the Capital OTB Player of the Year standings.
9. The value of a free entry awarded to the winner of a free online weekly contest is capped at $100. If the next regularly scheduled monthly buy-in contest is a "quarterly semi final" level contest, or another contest carrying an entry fee which is greater than $100, then the winning contestant may elect to apply their $100 towards the entry fee and pay the remaining balance, or they may save their fee entry and use it to enter the next regular monthly event which carries a $100 entry fee. The free entry fee prize may not be exchanged for cash under any circumstances.
10. Entries won as part of a free online contest may not be used to enter the annual OTB Championship in December. The winner and runner-up of the November online contests will receive as part of their prize a free entry into the January monthly live contest.
12. Prizes are non-transferrable.